In 1997 on the hit sitcom Seinfeld, George Costanza raised his fist in the air and boldly proclaimed “The Summer of George“. Faced with unemployment, he was ready to reinvent himself and have the most memorable summer of his life. Fans loved this episode both because of its quirky premise and because it was a relatable feeling. Who among us hasn’t stopped at some point and boldly proclaimed that they would change their life? This is what we want to focus on today, the five upsides to working toward self-improvement this summer. From minor tweaks to revolutionary life changes, we can all stand to improve ourselves, and we should get started immediately.
- You Improve Your Relationship With Your Self and With Others
- Self-Improvement Teaches You New Things and Helps You Acquire New Skills
Why Focus on Self-Improvement in the SummerSummer, in particular, is the perfect time to embrace learning new skills. This is a time when so many others take time off for themselves. They take vacations and allow themselves to take their foot off the gas. There is nothing wrong with giving yourself a break from time to time all by itself, but you might want to take advantage of the fact that everyone else seems a little off their game and not as sharp as they normally would be. The extra push that you make during the summer may be precisely what it takes to prove that you are the kind of person who is willing to go further to better yourself.
- Your Health Improves
- People See You as a Leader
- They are doing what others won’t – Plenty of people talk about improving themselves. However, the individuals who are genuinely taking steps in that direction are the ones that are truly admired and respected. They have the determination to actually make a change. That is something that is hard not to look up to.
- Their techniques show results – Leaders are people who truly get things done, and the methods used by those who are working on self-improvement are a clear example of what people need to do when they are trying to make themselves better as individuals. The results that these people get are one thing, but the techniques that they use are what truly sets them apart.
- They are happier and thus attract more attention – So many people move through this world unhappy. They may be unhappy in their relationships, their jobs, or simply with their choices. When they see someone who has truly unlocked some happiness in their life, it is hard not to want to follow that person.
- Your Self-Esteem Builds
Let Apprentice Now Give You Guidance to Begin Your Self-Improvement JourneyApprentice Now seeks to provide users with the resources that they need to get started with self-improvement. By offering our users helpful resources to start to think about how they might want to build upon themselves as people, we help them start to see a new future for themselves. If you are excited about how much you can change about yourself for the better, we hope that you will contact us for more details.